First off, I’m trying to get this blog off the ground on mah webspace, provided by my awesome longtime friend Douglas. The WordPress software is openly hating my plugins so for now, I’ll just write here and import it when I have the time. We’ll see how that goes, methinks. I’d want some kickass table plugins, since WordPress really seems to not like me and my manual table codes. The problem with me is that once I have it in my head that I wanna do something a certain way, I will do what I can to implement it that way. The problem with that is my severe lack of coding knowledge is a setback to it. Hopefully stuff I can figure out over time.
This is a really good time of the year (and also in my life) to kickstart regular blog-writing. The summer is over and my super-obsessive work schedule is also over. My vacation is also over, but more on that later. Also, nine years ago, around this time i started blogging over at LiveJournal, which is incidentally the last time I went to the Pacific Northwest.
Small laundry list of how awesome my summer was and things I’ve done:
- Knit a little.
- Did a yoga session on a loft rooftop in South Boston.
- Saw the New Pornographers at the House of Blues.
- Saw Bodega Girls and danced on stage with Kid Sister at Middle East Downstairs.
- Won a bottle of Cachaca Ypioca by being the least knowledgeable at UpStairs on the Square‘s Tipple Trivia.
- Worked WAY too much.
- Scored free tickets to Passion Pit at the Royale!
- Feasted on Against Me, Matt and Kim, Gogol Bordello, and Silversun Pickups at the WFNX Clambake.
- Went to two Red Sox games. Saw them win both times.
- BOOM! Da-da-da-da-da-da-da-daaa-daa-daaaaa.
- Half-dressedly attended the Donkey Show at Oberon and LOVED it.
- Chased down the Boston Constitution at the Misteriosos‘ annual Scavenger Hunt.
- Rocked out to rillrill-iferous Sleigh Bells and crude-tastic Die Antwoord all in one night at Royale!
- Two stepped some fancy footwork to Chromeo at the House of Blues.
- Saw the awesome Rapture at the Royale for free!
- Spent a weekend with my parents.
- Went to PAX Prime! Helped run the Triwizard Drinking Tournament, a Harry Potter themed bar crawl! Caught up with some old friends.
- Traveled to Vancouver for the first time in nine years, hung with seven cousins, meeting two of them for the first time.
Fall is fast approaching! What to do? What to write about? What do you kids want to read about? The life and times of a mid-20’s babe-geek-gamer-jock-semihipster? Cool Boston events? My awesome “I don’t give a fuck” attitude? Ask and ye shall receive.We’ll see how this goes! More on PAX soon, when I need something to do while attempting to cure my jetlag.